One Day Events
For Entry Forms, Roster of Players, and Results for each Tournament click on that Tournament's tab
2018 One-Day Events
IMPORTANT: Entry forms for the one-day Events in 2018 are included in your 2018 Hanbbook and are found on the individual event pages of this website. Please remove these forms from the handbook or download and print from this site, fill out and mail the entire form in accordance with instructions given below. (When using a downloaded form, please fill out your information before printing.)
ENTRY & CART FEE: Checks should be made payable to the Tournament Chairman of the Host Club. Fees vary according to each club. One dollar gratuity/tip included in entry fee for bag boys. Check entry form for the correct amount.
STARTING TIME: 9:30 a.m. Shotgun. Registration at 8:30. Depart for the tee promptly at 9:15.
CANCELLATION: Please notify the Tournament Chairman or the Pro Shop at the Host Club listed below.
2018 One Day Events
MONDAY, APRIL 9
3593 Kiblers Bridge Road * Prosperity, SC 29127 * (803) 364-3193
Slope: 118 Magenta Tees Rate: 67.2
Entries Open March 12 Entries Close March 26
Lynn Holmes, Tournament Chairman
11915 Broad River Road * Chapin, SC 29036 * (803) 345-9436
Click here to download - Mid Carolina Entry
WEDNESDAY, May 16
300 Club Ridge Road * Elgin, SC 29045 * (803) 699-2411
Slope: 116 Rate: 68.7
Entries Open April 18 Entries Close May 2
Jeanie Atkinson, Tournament Chairman
132 Village Farm Road * Columbia, SC 29223 * (803) 419-2627
MONDAY, JUNE 4
Orangeburg Country Club
2745 Griffith Drive * Orangeburg, SC 29118 * (803) 534-6069
Slope: 115 Rate: 66.9
Entries Open May 7 Entries Close May 21
Genon Krivohlavek, Tournament Chairman
1291 E. Lee Boulevard * Orangeburg, SC 29118 * (803) 534-4902
Click here to download - Orangeburg Entry
MONDAY, AUGUST 6
450 Cherokee Valley Way * Travelers Rest, SC 29690 * (864) 895-6758
Slope: 114 Rate: 65.2
Entries Open July 9 Entries Close July 23
Pat Whitcomb, Tournament Chairman
112 Meadowside Court * Travelers Rest, SC 29690 * (864) 895-8249
Click here to download - Cherokee Entry
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
7829 Ocean Highway * Pawleys Island, SC 29585 * (843) 237-2299
Slope: 118 Rate: 68.5
Entries Open August 20 Entries Close September 3
Carol Bulone, Tournament Chairman
62 Bonneau Court * Sumter, SC 29585 * (803) 235-2609
Click here to download - Founders Entry
S.C. Senior Women's Golf Association
Regulations Governing One-Day Stroke Play Events
These regulations may be waived, amended or modified at the discretion of the Board of Directors. Revised 2015.
1. ENTRIES - All entries must be filled out in their entirety and must be accompanied by an entry fee check and the applicant's current handicap index. The player's handicap index will be converted to a handicap for the Host Club. Index converting to higher than 36 must play with a maximum handicap of 36. Only one entry per envelope. All players must have posted at least one (1) score within one (1) month prior to a tournament so that the handicap index is current. All handicaps should be verified before tournament play. Be sure the application is in the same name as listed at your home course. Be sure your GHIN# is correct. No post entries will be accepted unless the Host Club can accommodate the entry.
2. FEES - The entry fee may be refunded if the Chairperson is notified before the entry closing date. Entry fee cannot be transferred to another player. Each club may charge its regularly established cart fee. If the entry fee total does not cover the Host Club's expenses for lunch , prizes , and bag handling ., the SCSWGA will cover extra expenses up to $4.00 per participant.
3. FILLING THE FIELD- Entries will be accepted by earliest postmark. Ties will be decided by blind draw. Current Board members, Past Presidents and Honorary members receive automatic entry, if they apply by the closing date on the application
It is the responsibility of the Host Club to return entry fees from applicants who are not accepted (SCSWGA will reimburse the club for postage).
4. SCORING - In order to expedite scoring, please follow this recommended procedure:
a. Post 9 and 18-hole scores only! One scorer is to write net totals in large figures in red on back of scorecard, arranging scorecards in ascending order with the lowest on top. SELECT LOW GROSS WINNERS FIRST. In this way, winners will be immediately obvious. Check addition on winner's scorecards only.
b. Low Gross Ties: determine the winner on the basis of the best score for the last 9 holes. If the players tied have the same score for the last 9 holes, determine the winner on the basis of the last 6 holes, then the last 3 holes, and finally the 18th hole. If this procedure does not beak the tie, the winner should be determined by a match of cards beginning with the number one Handicap hole.
c. Low Net Ties: use the procedure described above for low gross but deduct handicaps from the gross scores accordingly: one-half (last 9 holes), one-third (last 6 holes), one-sixth (last 3 holes), one-eighteenth (18th hole). Handicap stroke fractions of one-half stroke or more should count as a whole stroke and any lesser fractions should be disregarded. If a match of cards is necessary, the handicap stroke differential will be used and strokes will be assigned as they fall on the card.
d. Super Senior Prize: There will be a prize for Super Seniors (those 70 or who will become 70 during the calendar year) with one low net prize. Should a Super Senior win a gross prize, the next low net score among Super Seniors will be declared the low net winner. Must have a minimum of 3 players.
In addition, there will be a prize given to the Legend (80 or will become 80 during the calendar year) with the low net score among the Legends playing.
5. PRIZES - Golf Shop merchandise or gift certificates are recommended for prizes.
6. REPORTING - The winners score sheet is to be completed and submitted to the SCSWGA Secretary, to the Membership Chairman, to the Website Administrator and to the designated Member-at-Large immediately following the tournament.
In addition, an alphabetical list of Members attending should be sent to the Membership Chairman, Attendance Chairman, Website Administrator, and designated Member-at-Large.
7. ASSISTANT TOURNAMENT CHAIRMAN - An Assistant Tournament Chairman should be appointed and be able to fill in for the Tournament Chairman if necessary.
a. All players shall compete from the same tees. Use of Summer or Winter rules is up to the discretion of the Host Club. The course should be set up to play as easily as possible.
b. The Host Club shall organize a tournament committee which will be responsible for calling off the tournament because of unplayable course or unsafe conditions (lightening, etc.). This committee shall also be prepared to settle questions pertaining to rules.
c. Any Board Member in attendance may be called on to assist with scoring, rules, or advice as needed by the Host Club.
d. There will be a 9:30 AM shotgun start unless otherwise designated by the Host Club.
e. It would be helpful to have several pairing lists posted.
f. Between the play of two holes, a player shall not play any practice stroke on or near the putting green of the last hole played. PENALTY FOR BREACH OF RULE: Stroke play ? two strokes at the next hole .
g. GPS (range finders) are allowed.
h. CELL PHONES ARE PROHIBITED IN COMPETITION. PHONES MUST BE TURNED OFF.
i. NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN GOLF CARTS